Wise AD

Wise AD

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fake traditional doctor stole my R220 000!


THIS jobless man was amazed when a prophet walked up to him at a mall and told him his life story. But this chance meeting cost him R220 000!
The 33-year-old jobless fitter from Etwatwa in Ekurhuleni, east of Joburg told Daily Sun he met the prophet a month before.
“He told me about things in my life, how I had lost my job and how I was waiting to be paid,” said the man who was too shy to be named.
“He told me to come for a consultation at his place, where he said my ancestors wanted to give me R7million. He took me to a dark room, where a voice told me to buy a traditional cloth which costs R55000.”
A week later, the prophet called him for another consultation. “He told me to give him R80000 so they could cleanse the cloth before I used it,” he said.
Only when the prophet started ignoring his calls did the man realise something was not right. “They had my other bank card but later returned it. I decided to deposit the rest of my money (R85 600) into that account,” he said. But when he checked the next day, all the money was gone.
“I was planning to buy a house for my kids, but now I’ve lost everything,” he said.
Captain Alfred Nakana said a case of theft under false pretences was opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment