Wise AD

Wise AD

Monday, September 22, 2014

MY JEALOUS LOVER TOOK MY HANDS!


IT took Khanyisile Masina two years to finally dump her abusive lover. 
And she was right to be scared. In a jealous rage, her boyfriend Moses Mhlanga stormed into her room with a machete and attacked her and her eight-month-old child, Phumlani.

 “He felt that I should leave town because I wasn’t dating him. He forced his way into my room and attacked me with the machete. The first blow landed on the back of my head. I tried to block the blows with my hands and arms, with disastrous results,” she said. 

Convinced they were both dead, he fled into the bush where he hanged himself from a tree. Khanyisile woke up in hospital the following day. She and Phumlani had been saved, but she had lost both her hands and arms, while her son lost the use of his left eye. That was in March 2003. 

Today, Khanyisile from Bed-Is-Good near Dundonald, Mpumalanga is 34 years old and Phumlani is nine. Moses is dead but Khyanyisile is still helpless. 

“I cannot bath or go to the toilet by myself. Do you know how humiliating it is to pay someone to help you wipe your own behind?” she asked. 

Khanyisile said an artificial hands could give her back her life but it costs as much as R50 000. The artificial hand she got from the Mpumalanga Department of Health is plastic without any practical use. It just gives people the impression that she has a hand. 

Daily Sun has helped many people. I’m hoping SunPower can shine on me too,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment